(Life is a “Laosy” Journey – I still haven’t found what I am looking for.)
Here’s an endless list of randomness (come back for more updates soon):
1. I am truly a “Laosy Guy.”
2. My family is my highest priority. I love them all so much – everyone including my extended families. I am thankful for my mom and dad on having the courage to cross the Mekong River to escape Laos. They came here to have an opportunity for better living for our family. Watching them work so hard to survive America is something that will never escape me and is entrenched in my every fiber.
3. I do my best to help others and sometimes at the expense of not helping myself. I am guilty of not putting myself first in many situations. My compassion for others is greater than that for myself. I wish I can be more compassionate towards my personal needs.
4. I lose myself and find myself. I am always playing an on-going game of hide-and-seek with myself. I am always transforming who I am and learning to be the best person I can be. There is so much to learn in life. I enjoy the journey.
5. I am thankful every day to be alive and to have the opportunity to make an impact in the world.
6. I would like to revisit Laos and help families grow out of poverty. I will not leave this earth until I have done my part to help others escape poverty.
7. Music is the elixir to my soul. It charges so much of my emotions and allows me to feel the good, the bad, and ugly.
8. I miss my sister. She lives in Spain. She is a great influence in my life. We grew up taking care of each other and learning how to be adults at an early age. I love her so much.
9. If someone told me I was going on “Dancing With the Stars,” I would hope and beg for Julianne Hough to be my partner. I can’t wait to get on my tights.
10. I live with no regrets. Everything I have done to this point is done. I cannot change it. It has made me who I am today. Like it or leave it. I know I have made mistakes and am sorry to those I have hurt in the past. I am learning that life is not perfect.
11. I have lots of friends. I am short of good friends. The good ones that I have, I am grateful for. Thanks for your support!
12. One day I will catch a fly with chopsticks.
13. Money can’t buy happiness but it can buy me a new set of teeth. SMILE!
14. The best advice or words of wisdom a friend shared with me is that there is a shortage of LOVE in this world and this shortage is the true poverty. She opened my eyes and heart.
15. Teaching is a passion of mine.
16. The one skill I can never develop even if I try really hard is singing. I am terrible but am not shy about singing Karaoke. Sorry to all those who have to hear me. HAHA!
17. I am not afraid of trying something new and am often the first to jump in whenever.
18. I miss the 80’s. I didn’t get to hang out with Punky Brewster.
19. I wanted to be a Top Gun fighter and after getting my wings, fly in the X-wing Star-fighter and save the galaxy. I am now working on becoming a Jedi.
20. The song, “You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul,” keeps playing in my head. New Wave! You can’t beat it.
21. I am an eternal optimist. I have faith that things will work out for the good even though things might appear meek and dark at times.
22. I believe in superstitions and luck. I once had a fortuneteller recall all the major events of my life on our first meeting. That was unbelievable. She knew I was deaf in the left ear because I fell in the Mekong River. To add to that story, my mom said she dropped me as the soldiers were firing at us. I sank to the bottom of the river as my family reached shore. A “great green giant” came from the sky, reached into the river and placed me with my family. True story!
23. I know but I don’t do. I hate it when I’m right. Blah!
24. I am open to everything and enjoy all sorts of activities. I would love to do more traveling.
25. I wish I can find what it is I am looking. Just as U2 sings, “I still haven’t found what I am looking for.”